(Contemporary,Jazz Fusion,Blues) Lee Ritenour – 6 String Theory – 2010, MP3
Artist: Lee Ritenour
Title: 6 String Theory
Genre: Contemporary,Jazz Fusion,Blues
Release date: 2010
Audio codec: MP3
Quality: CBR 192 kbps
01. Lay It Down (Ft. John Scofield) 5:58
02. Am I Wrong (Ft. Keb’ Mo’ And Taj Mahal) 4:07
03. L.P. (For Les Paul) (Ft. Pat Martino, And Joey DeFrancesco) 4:50
04. Give Me One Reason (Ft. Joe Bonamassa And Robert Cray) 5:14
05. “68″ (Ft. Steve Lukather, Neal Schon, And Slash) 4:58
06. In Your Dreams (Ft. Steve Lukather, And Neal Schon) 5:57
07. My One and Only Love (Ft. George Benson) 1:44
08. Moon River (Ft. George Benson And Joey DeFrancesco) 4:57
09. Why I Sing the Blues (Ft. B.B. King, Vince Gill, Keb’ Mo’, Johnny Lan) 6:34
10. Daddy Longlicks (Ft. Joe Robinson) 1:54
11. Shape of My Heart (Ft. Steve Lukather, And Andy McKee) 4:48
12. Drifting (Ft. Andy McKee) 3:40
13. Freeway Jam (Ft. Mike Stern, Tomoyasu Hotei,) 4:56
14. Fives (Ft. Guthrie Govan And Tal Wilkenfeld) 4:33
15. Caprices, Op. 20, No. 2 and 7 (Ft. Shon Boublil) 3:30
It’s hard to believe that 2010 marks 50 years since Lee Ritenour starting playing the guitar, setting in motion a career that legends are made of. A career that has earned him 19 GRAMMY® nominations, a GRAMMY Award, numerous #1 spots on guitar polls, A Lifetime Achievement Award from the Canadian SJ Awards, and the prestigious “Alumnus of the Year” award from USC. During his illustrious career, he has recorded over 40 albums, with 35 chart songs and was a founding member of the group Fourplay, considered the most successful group in contemporary jazz. As a young guitarist his diverse musical style became the foundation of over 3,000 sessions, covering a broad spectrum of artists ranging from his first session at 16 with the Mamas and Papas, to Pink Floyd, Steely Dan, Dizzy Gillespie, Sonny Rollins, Simon & Garfunkel and Frank Sinatra. On his latest endeavor, 6 String Theory, Ritenour celebrates the instrument that has allowed him this blessing, the guitar; -by producing and assembling a star-studded tribute with the greatest and soon- to- be greatest guitarists of our time.
For 6 String Theory, Ritenour is also among the twenty legendary world class guitarists starring on the recording, which he produced along with John Burk of the Concord Music Group. Joining him in this tribute to the guitar, the all-star line-up includes: George Benson, BB King, Slash, Steve Lukather, John Scofield, Robert Cray and Vince Gill among many other superstars. Blending rock, blues, jazz, acoustic, country and classical, they come together for a seamless project that promises to take the listener on a musical journey and exploration of the guitar. Also featured on vocals are BB King, Robert Cray, Vince Gill, Keb’ Mo’, Taj Majal, Joe Bonamassa and Jonny Lang.
Blending together styles, ages and musical colors, Lee Ritenour’s 6 String Theory promises to be one of the greatest guitar recordings ever made!
|Print article||This entry was posted by Mikki on June 29, 2010 at 7:14 pm, and is filed under Blues, Jazz. Follow any responses to this post through RSS 2.0. Both comments and pings are currently closed.|
Comments are closed.